His Excellency, Mr Hiroshi Ishikawa, Ambassador of Japan to Singapore,
Mr Tetsuya Funabashi, President and CEO of EXEO Group, Incorporated,
Mr Fumitoshi Imaizumi, CEO of EXEO Global,
Ladies and gentlemen,
1. A very good afternoon to all of you. Thank you EXEO Global for inviting me to the official opening of the Pulse. I am deeply honoured to be part of this momentous occasion.
2. Since its establishment in Singapore in November 2018, EXEO Global has been a steadfast partner in our quest to become a leading business and technology innovation hub. EXEO Global has consistently invested in Singapore technology firms, for example, by supporting Ascent Solution Pte Ltd in their endeavours to build an end-to-end trade and logistics platform since 2021.
3. Singapore has a pool of highly skilled talent, a thriving research ecosystem, and excellent connectivity to both Asian and international markets. I am glad that EXEO Global has captured these advantages and is setting up its headquarters here. Congratulations to EXEO Global and all its partners on this significant milestone.
4. In February this year, MTI and the Japan Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry held our first Japan-Singapore Economic Dialogue. The discussions aimed to strengthen our bilateral economic cooperation and cultivate a better business environment. Looking ahead, our countries will foster more collaborations between startups, enhance supply chain resiliency and sustainability, as well as promote a vibrant digital economy on both sides.
5. The opening of EXEO Global’s worldwide headquarters in Singapore reflects the attractive potential Japanese companies see in Singapore and the future for closer collaboration. It not only reaffirms Singapore’s continued appeal as a technology innovation hub but also reflects EXEO Global’s commitment to fostering stronger partnerships within the Southeast Asian region and driving greater economic cooperation between Singapore and Japan.
6. I am glad to hear that The Pulse will be a vibrant office, warehouse, and technology development space for businesses in Managed IT services, Information and Communications Technology (ICT) infrastructure and supply chain technology. The building has incorporated natural light, greenery, technology, and spaces to create a nurturing environment for collaboration and innovation. I trust that The Pulse will host many creative enterprises and leading-edge solutions in this modern and attractive location.
Building Singapore as a Technology Hub
7. Singapore has worked hard to be an attractive and strategic location in Southeast Asia where technology companies would want to establish themselves. Earlier this year, we unveiled our ‘Services 2030’ vision to grow our services sector and anchor Singapore as a leading vibrant hub for businesses, lifestyle, and tourism by harnessing growth opportunities in sustainability and digitalisation. This includes working with stakeholders in the industry to build a strong digital ecosystem. The presence of more companies like EXEO Global will drive deeper innovation and foster wider collaboration, and further strengthen our footing to become a global technology and innovation hub.
8. EXEO Global and companies in Singapore are well-placed to take advantage of our suite of Free Trade Agreements, as well as Digital Economy Agreements to reach markets beyond the city-state. These agreements allow businesses to increase their competitive advantage, diversify and expand market reach, enhance efficiency, raise productivity levels and where possible, foster innovation to stay ahead of their competitors.
Upskilling Singapore’s Workforce to Embrace the Digital Economy
9. To grow our Digital Economy, we will continue to upskill our workforce. The IMDA TechSkills Accelerator (TeSA) for instance, has helped to equip Singaporeans with the relevant in-demand skills for the ICT sector through various courses and initiatives. Such efforts not only help existing tech workers stay relevant and make mid-career transitions but also build a pipeline of tech talent.
10. In addition, the Government is also focused on developing a strong Singaporean core of top tech leaders. For example, the SG Digital Leader Accelerator initiative launched last August will support the next generation of tech leaders by providing them with opportunities to network, connect with their peers, and be mentored by industry leaders.
11. Let me congratulate EXEO Global again on the inauguration of your new building in Singapore. We look forward to the company’s future growth and development, as you continue to expand your business and capture new potential.
12. I wish you every success in your endeavour and hope EXEO Global will celebrate many more auspicious milestones in Singapore.
13. Thank you.