The Economist Service (ES) scholarship was launched in 2011 to attract students who are passionate about Economics to become public sector economists.
You may apply for the ES undergraduate scholarship if you are planning to pursue undergraduate studies in Economics at a local or overseas university. You may also apply for the ES mid-term scholarship if you are currently an undergraduate who is majoring in Economics.
As an ES scholar, you may be sponsored for a Master's degree after your undergraduate studies.
Course of Study
- The scholarship is for undergraduate studies in Economics.
- Double degree of major in Economics / Econometrics and any other related disciplines such as Computer Science, Data Analytics, Mathematics, and Statistics may also be considered.
Place of Study
- Local and reputable overseas universities.
Terms of Scholarship
- Tuition fees and other approved charges
- Maintenance and other allowances
- Return economy class airfare (if relevant)
- Possible sponsorship of Master’s degree
Length of Bond
- 4 years for local studies
- 6 years for overseas studies
- Be Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents (intending to take up Singapore citizenship)
- Possess either GCE 'A' levels (attempted at least 11 academic units), International Baccalaureate or NUS High School Diploma (for those applying for undergraduate scholarship)
- Outstanding undergraduate results (for those applying for the mid-term scholarship; applicable for Year 1 to penultimate year students only)
- Have good co-curricular activities (CCA) records
- Have strong leadership qualities
- Have a keen interest in the application of Economics to the analysis of public policies
Apply through the Public Service Commission (PSC) gateway portal. You should indicate “Economist Service” as your first choice of service.