Are you intellectually curious, analytical and creative? Are you keen to apply your training in economics to public policy questions that directly affect the lives of Singaporeans? Are you adept at quantitative analysis, and able to communicate your thinking to economists and non-economists alike? Join the Economist Service!
We recruit from both local and overseas universities through a very rigorous selection process. We also consider mid-career applicants.
If you are interested in joining the ES when you graduate, you can start applying from your second-last year in university.
You should meet the following criteria:
- A degree in Economics
- Strong econometrics skills for forecasting, policy modelling and scenario developments
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to express complex ideas simply and logically
You are welcome to apply if you are an experienced professional economist, or if you are keen to make a career switch.
You must have, at a minimum, a Bachelors degree in Economics.
Mid-career professionals who have successfully joined the ES come from a wide range of backgrounds, including:
- Academic faculty members from local and overseas universities
- Analysts from leading global and local banks
- Public service officers from statutory boards
We consider applications as and when they are received.
Our selection process includes the following:
- A written test covering macroeconomics, microeconomics, and econometrics
- An interview with a panel of senior ES officers
Note that the selection process is very rigourous and competitive.
To apply, go to Careers@Gov to check out our current vacancies and send in your application there.
Please submit to us the following:
- Your curriculum vitae (CV)
- A cover letter
- A copy of your university transcript
- Examples of prior research (if any)
You may send any queries to MTI_ES@mti.gov.sg.