• Good morning to all of you and thank you for coming here and joining us on this visit and having this virtual press conference.
• Concerns on climate change has been gaining attention from governments, companies and even consumers. There is therefore a greater emphasis on reducing carbon footprint and establishing more sustainable practices.
• The Singapore Green Plan 2030 is our national roadmap to ensure Singapore remains a green city and a liveable home, while tapping on sustainability as a new avenue of growth.
• Enterprises play a critical role and are increasingly looking to incorporate sustainability into their business strategy and practices. In fact, many are keen to get started. Enterprise Singapore (ESG) has seen companies, ranging from the maritime to lifestyle and services sectors, looking for support to embark on the sustainability journey
• Indeed, more can be done to build up and strengthen Singapore’s sustainability ecosystem.
- In particular, we need to help enterprises build knowledge and capabilities in sustainability.
• In February this year, DPM Heng Swee Keat announced that we would be launching the Enterprise Sustainability Programme, or ESP, to help enterprises, especially SMEs, use resources more efficiently and develop new green products and solutions.
- I am happy to share more details on the ESP today and hope our local enterprises will tap on the programme to build long-term capabilities in sustainability and capture new opportunities in the fast-growing green economy.
- The ESP is expected to benefit more than 6,000 enterprises across a variety of sectors over the next four years.
• Partnership will be an important feature of this ESP. - ESG will collaborate closely with industry partners, corporates, Trade Associations and Chambers (TACs), and the various government agencies in through the following initiatives:
- First, enterprise initiatives.
o ESG will work with partners to provide subsidised training workshops for enterprises on topics such as basic sustainability concepts and corporate sustainability frameworks.
o For a start, ESG will partner Pricewaterhouse Coopers (PwC), Global Compact Network Singapore (GCNS) and Singapore Environment Council (SEC) to develop relevant training workshops, which are expected to start from first quarter next year.
o For companies that wish to go further, the ESP will support projects in strategy development, resource optimisation, and standards adoption.
o The ESP will also support businesses to develop innovative products, services and solutions to capture opportunities in the green economy.
- Second, sectoral initiatives. o As different sectors will have different needs, ESG will partner the TACs to develop customised approaches for each sector to meet their respective needs.
o Several TACs, such as the Singapore Furniture Industry Council (SFIC), Singapore Contractors Association Limited (SCAL), and the Textile and Fashion Federation (TaFF), have already expressed their interest. The Singapore Business Federation will also be looking to facilitate cross-sector collaboration with Enterprise Singapore. I encourage companies who are interested in exploring sustainability initiatives to work closely with their TACs.
- Third, ecosystem development.
o In addition to training, we also need to create a vibrant and conducive ecosystem for sustainability.
o ESG will work with partners to strengthen sustainability capabilities and develop more sustainability services.
o This includes improving the availability of green financing through the Enterprise Financing Scheme-Green, or EFS-Green. More details on the EFS-Green will be announced soon.
• Let me now say a few words in Chinese.
• 我们了解一些企业已经意识到可持续发展的重要性，并开启了适 合自身企业的可持续性发展项目。
• 为协助企业建立在这方面的能力，我们将推出“企业可持续发展计 划“（ESP）。
• 通过这计划我们希望鼓励并且协助企业将可持续发展融入发展策 略，把握绿色经济所带来的新机遇。
• 我们预计在未来四年内，将有超过 6,000 家企业将在这项计划下 受惠。
- 第一，企业发展项目：企发局将与伙伴合作，主办有津贴的培 训工作坊。另外，企发局也会为企业在策略发展，标准采纳， 以及产品和服务创新等相关项目给予协助。
- 第二方面，行业发展项目：企发局将与商会与商团合作，推出 量身定做的方案，帮助各别领域应对不同的需求及挑战。
- 第三方面是生态发展项目：企发局也与伙伴们合作，加强和发 展更多相关的服务，朔造可持续发展的生态环境，例如优化绿 色融资渠道。
• I encourage companies to start integrating sustainability alongside your growth. Not just looking at it a challenge, but also embracing it as an opportunity. I also welcome more industry partners to join us in driving sustainability efforts.
• I will now hand over the time to Minister of State Low Yen Ling. Thank you very much.