- MAS Core Inflation came in at 0.3% on a year‐on‐year (y‐o‐y) basis in January, lower than the 0.6% recorded in December last year.
- Largely due to lower services inflation and a steeper drop in the cost of retail & other goods.
- Part of the fall in core inflation also reflected the impact of the rebasing of the CPI to 2019 as the base year.
- CPI‐All Items inflation was 0.8% y‐o‐y in January, unchanged from the previous month.
- This occurred as the fall in core inflation was offset by higher private transport inflation and an increase in accommodation cost.
Please click here for full press release.
MONETARY AUTHORITY OF SINGAPORE
MINISTRY OF TRADE AND INDUSTRY
24 February 2020